On September 21st 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), has reclassified Colombia from level 4 to level 3, due to a steady decrease in cases, supported in great part for the effective vaccination effort that Colombia has carried out.
COVID-19 infections are decreasing in Colombia, with 1,517 new infections reported on average each day. That’s 5% of the peak — the highest daily average reported on June 27.
DO I NEED A PCR OR ANTIGEN TEST TO ENTER COLOMBIA?
No, Colombia is not requiring any kind of test to enter. You need to fill the CheckMig form before entering.
DO I HAVE TO QUARENTINE UPON ARIVAL TO COLOMBIA?
No, it is not a requirement.
ARE THERE CURFEWS?
As of September 22, there are no mandatory curfews. If there is a spike in cases (which according to projections is unlikely for the next months), city officials can define curfews. Follow the state of each city here.
ARE BARS, ATTRACTIONS AND RESTAURANTS OPEN?
Yes! Although some bars and restaurants were forced to close due to economic challenges, health authorities have given green light to bars and restaurants. a lot of them have been adapted to offer open-air spaces. Nightclubs are open with no curfew.
WHT IS THE CURRENT MASK MANDATE? HOW IS THE ACTUAL BEHAVIOUR AND ENFORCEMENT?
- Masks are mandatory for public transport, airplanes and closed spaces like banks. On these cases people do follow the mandate and it is enforced by service providers.
- In the case of outdoor spaces, health officials haven't updated the mandate and it is still mandatory. However it is not being enforced by authorities and a good percentage of people are not wearing masks in open spaces.
- For restaurants and bars, you are expected to wear a mask except when you are at the table. It is more os a social convention, staff at bars and restaurants won't force you to wear a mask.
IS THERE ANY RESTRICTION TO FLY BETWEEN CITIES DOMESTICALLY?
No, no tests or forms are required.
DO I HAVE A "GREEN PASS" FOR SOME PLACES OR ATTRACTIONS IF I HAVE A VACCINE CERTIFICATE?
Yes, there are some attractions (Like Ciudad Perdida for example), who are demanding either vaccination certificate or antigen test (widely available for up to $30). So having been fully vaccinated can make you life easier, but if you are not vaccinated you won't be left out of anything, in some specific cases you will be required a rapid test.
100% of the guides working with us have got at least one dose, and 75% have been fully vaccinated.
We require masks on closed spaces and during transportation (both for travelers and guides).
We are constantly checking for symptoms and taking protective actions of there are chances of putting guides or travelers at risk.
Our guides have been trained in health and safety protocols. Hand-wash stops have been added to our itineraries.
1. According to the World Health Organization, as of September 21st, 38,002,826 vaccine doses had been administrated, which means 50% of the populations have at least one dose and 32% are fully vaccinated.
2. Colombia is currently providing vaccines for all segments of the population without age restrictions.
Travelers can check this website to verify the entry requirements for countries and plan their departure accurately. In case they require a negative COVID-19 test to enter their country, here's a list of locations where they can go get it.
AT IMPULSE WE CAN ARRANGE PCR TESTS TO TRAVELER'S HOTELS, WITH RESULTS ON LESS THAN 24 HOURS. Contact us for more info.
Reach out to our travel experts with any doubt or concern you have about traveling to Colombia and they'll be happy to provide you with up-to-date, transparent information.
Add 3 more experiences and get the IMPULSE Welcome Package at the end of your order.